Thursday, April 9, 2009

I'm not one of "those" people...

Alright, I'm not one of those crazy "my dog is my baby" people. I don't have outfits for the dogs. I don't have little doggy statues around the house..not even a magnet on the fridge. However, I hate the nighttime. I hate closing my eyes and relieving my day on Tuesday. I hate how I had to manage it on my own (in the beginning, anyway) so I feel like I'm the only one who experienced the "entire" event. So since I'm sad anyway, I decided to make a list of the things I'll miss about Harley. I know she is a dog not a human. I have it in perspective but I hate the loss. These are the "Top Ten Things I'll Miss about Life without Harley".
10: Knowing that skinny Sammy was kept warm while their shared a crate each night
9: Having her jump on my lap, uninvited, causing me to spill coffee all over myself
8: Knowing that no matter how many times she saw us, she was always as excited as the first time
7: Hearing her cry when the kids failed to take her outside with them
6: How she hated her ear medicine, baths, and nails clipped but always trusted me to do it
5: How she was never satisfied snuggling unless she was on top of you
4: How Gracie was "her girl"
3: How she would sassy bark at me every time I called her to her crate. "I'll go in b/c I want to but not b/c you told me to!"
2: How she and Bella would play "Call of the wild". Better than any episode of Animal Planet
1: Never looking at Bella the same way again....
0: Sorry but forgot one of the most important things..Harley had an amazing way of laying very still when she was tired and totally relaxed. But as soon as someone she loved would walk into the room, the end of her tail would start wagging. It reminded us of a rattle snake. She loved her people.
I listened to Pastor Joel's sermon on How Hard is Not bad it's just hard. I heard what he said about not racing through a difficult situation but taking the time to learn what God is teaching us. However, I can't wait for the night that I can close my eyes and not be "there" again.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Just so you know...I DO have dog clothes for my mini schnauzer. :o) I know it's hard to not relive it all, but there certainly is something that God wants you to learn/grow from in it all. It will get better over time. I'll be thinking of you Saturday. Hopefully they will have some good ideas that will make things a little easier for you and your family. You're in my thoughts and prayers! I'm glad we could get together last night. It's such an encouragement. Fun to know my Christian sisters are going through a lot of the same "stuff" I am. :o)