Sunday, April 12, 2009

Oh No!

The problem with opening your heart is that your heart is open! We have had a week of extreme highs and lows. The lows I have covered in previous blogs. We lost our dog Harley in the most traumatic of circumstances. The highs....let me count them. Austin has been here for 9 days! It has gone so well. The beauty of having 4 children already is that when you add one more you hardly notice the downside. What's a couple more piles of dirty clothes or glasses of water that were discarded? What we do get is one more personality into the crazy routine of our life! I will admit...but only here...that I'm feeling attached. I know we are in the "honeymoon" phase. He may still be on his best behavior. I'm not a spring chicken. But despite the fact that eventually we will have to discipline and train I think he is worth it. More importantly, I believe God brought him here exactly for that purpose. I'm certain that when I drop him off tomorrow into somebody else's care I'll shed a few tears. I'll keep them to myself. I'll look forward to our next visit and I will trust God in the details. I'll leave my "I want to be the Mom" t-shirt at home! I'm so grateful that this week of high highs and low lows coincided with the celebration of my Savior's death and resurrection. How can I lose perspective during a week like this? God is sovereign over all the details of life. He was then and He continues to be. I trust Him with the events that occur in my home. I trust Him as I return Austin to his home.

2 comments:

Jessi said...

What a wonderful thing to read that he had been at your house for 9 days. I am sure it will be hard to return him to Kitty but God is watching over Austin and you until he comes again. I am happy to hear it is going so well.

Kris said...

I will continue to pray for the hearts of those involved. God is sovereign. He is faithful and just. We know he can do all things. We will just keep praying that Austin's future is in His and hands (and of course, that you might be a part of it!).