Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Grief is prove that evolution is bogus


Today I am grieving. We lost a beloved pet. I don't know if it would feel differently if it was less traumatic but it wasn't. It was horrific. It started like any other day. The dogs played. The kids played. At one point one of the kids called me into the room to see the dogs all piled on the rug each chewing a bone. Happy as could be. The next thing I knew, my kids were frantic and two of the dogs were literally at each others throats. I don't know how it started. I don't know if I could have done something differently. All I know is there was nothing I could do to stop it. The kids were crying. Trying to help. I sent them outside. I was helpless. Finally when it was over, one dog was in a daze the other was lying lifeless on the floor. I knew she was still alive. I could feel her heart beat but she was in such shock. I gathered her into my arms and headed to the vet. I would have paid a million dollars just to have my husband here to deal with it but it was me. In the end, the shock was too much and it was more humane to let her go without anymore struggle. The girls and I were at Sam's when we got the final news. Have you ever been somewhere you can't figure a way to get out of and you don't even care if people see you cry? One poor man even asked us if we needed some water. All night the images are playing through my head. My kids screaming, my dogs fighting, carrying her to the car and praying. But even more important was last night as Harley laid curled into a ball snuggling with Jack. I had a moment when I just loved on her because they were so sweet and tired. I always said she was the best dog when she was tired because all the spaz was gone! I know that God knows my heart. I know that He knew what the day had in store for me. I'm pleased that the first thing I wanted to do after transferring my Harley to the vet's hands was read my Bible on my Iphone! I know that God knows our tears. I know that there are people all around me grieving the loss of human loved ones. I know that I have a friend tending to her dying son. I know that this is the week that my Saviour cried in the garden, carried the cross and died for my sins. Isn't the fact that we love so deeply and grieve so profoundly proof that evolution is not possible. How could love, joy, peace and grief be a result of some cosmic pool of nothing. I'm grateful for grieve. It demonstrates that God made us capable of great love. Most of all I'm grateful for a God that doesn't take my grieve lightly and He doesn't leave me alone during it. I'm so very sad.

4 comments:

Jessi said...

Oh Monica, I am so sorry to hear about your beloved pet. What a terrible way for her to go.

Kris said...

Pets do become an integral part of our families, don't they? Hard to go through something like that, but you have put it into perspective. Thanks for sharing Monica.

Jeanette said...

So sad for you! It is hard to lose a pet and even worse when it is some weird thing that happens and not old age.

I'll be praying for you and the kids - it will be hard on them for a bit.

Hugs!

Amy said...

Praying for you tonight.